This last weekend I preached about the need for physical fitness and healthy eating if we want to pursue and complete our God-given assignment. A friend sent me this amusing story in response…
• And God populated the earth with broccoli and cauliflower and spinach and green and yellow vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.
• And Satan created hamburger restaurants. And hamburger restaurants brought forth the double-cheeseburger. And Satan said to Man, “You want fries with that?”
• And Man said, “Super size them.” And Man gained pounds.
• And God created the healthful yogurt, that woman might keep her figure that man found so fair.
• And Satan froze the yogurt, and he brought forth chocolate, sugar-coated nuts and brightly colored sprinkle candy to put on the yogurt. And woman gained pounds.
• And God said, “Try my crispy fresh salad.”
• And Satan brought forth creamy dressings, bacon bits, and shredded cheese.
• And there was ice cream for dessert. And woman gained pounds.
• And God said, “I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil with which to cook them.”
• And Satan brought forth chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter, and Man gained pounds, and his bad cholesterol went through the roof.
• And God brought forth running shoes, and Man resolved to lose those extra pounds.
• And Satan brought forth cable TV with remote control so Man would not have to toil to change channels between ESPN and SUPERSPORT. And Man gained pounds.
• And God brought forth the potato, a vegetable naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition.
• And Satan peeled off the healthful into chips and deep-fat fried them. And he created sour cream dip also. And Man clutched his remote control and ate the potato chips swaddled in cholesterol.
• And Satan saw and said, “It is good!” And Man went into cardiac arrest.
• And God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery to increase the number of his servants who would at subdue the earth, even though many would not experience a full-life…
Remember… FAITHFULNESS TODAY MEANS FRUITFULNESS TOMORROW!
check out the sermon I preached about this here