Pastor Simon Mbevi spoke this last September at Mavuno Church about the kind of qualities that true leaders must display. The ‘5 C’s’ he highlighted are…
1. Conciliatory – a peacemaker who builds unity
2. Caring – willing to sacrifice own needs for the people
3. Character – one who is committed to what is just and right
4. Competent – has a record of getting the job done well
5. Compelling Vision – a clearly articulated picture of what they will do for the people
He challenged the congregation in the upcoming elections not to vote for a leader because he/she is their friend, comes from their ethnic group or is wealthy but to vote for leaders who show these qualities.
He then asked the congregation to vote for such leaders EVEN IF THEY DID NOT LOOK LIKELY TO WIN.“What if he or she does not win?” You may ask. Vote for what is right, that makes you a winner even if your candidate does not win.”
Who are you planning to vote for in the forthcoming elections? Real honest now – are they the candidate that best displays the 5 Cs?