A couple of weeks back, we did a poll at Mavuno to see what issues our friends who don’t attend church have with Christianity. The idea is that we’ll preach through a few of these questions in September, which is our ‘Spread The Love’ month.
So here are some of your questions (oops, I mean your friend’s questions!) edited for brevity…
I have a friend who…
- Wonders why Christians claim to have the true religion
- Wonders why she should trust the bible
- Wonders why a loving God allows evil
- Thinks Christians are hypocrites
- Wonders why Christians push their beliefs down other’s throats
- Struggles With being single
- Believes all religions are the same
- Was spiritually abused by their pastor
- Wonders how to tell the difference between a church and a cult
- Hasn’t found a spouse in church
- Thinks a Christian would make a terrible spouse
- Wonders why God made atheists and people from other religions
- Wonders why Christianity presents itself better than all the others
- Doesn’t believe God exists
- Wonders why they’re on the planet.
- Is not sure what life is about
- Asks why do Christians suffer?
- Wonders where God came from
- Sees no difference between Christians and non-Christians
- Doesn’t see why they should leave the fun for boring godliness
- Worships and pray at home
- Believes the bible wrongly teaches that the earth has only existed for 6000 years
- Says Christians talk about love but they don’t show it
- Feels Christianity has killed more people than helped
- Wonders why Christians are poor yet they believe
- Feels the Church is archaic and filled with people who know little about life
- Feels God is unfair
- Wonders why God takes so long to answer
- Felt God was not there for them
- Says it’s not about Christianity it’s about spirituality
- Fears God may ask them to do something like become a nun!
- Wonders why he can’t drink and be saved
- Has questions about heaven
- Wonders why God punishes us with hell?
- Feels Christianity is a miserable life of dos and don’ts?
Thanks to everyone for sending in such great questions! Unfortunately because of time, we’ll only discuss four of them – so we will pick the ones that seemed to have the highest interest. Which four? Oh well, for that, you’ll have to be at Mavuno this coming Sunday 🙂
Have a great week.