- Find a quiet space when you’re most alert (morning for me but lunchtime or evening for others)
- Plan for at least 30 minutes un-interrupted
- Begin by thanking God for the day, then bring to mind all the meetings/assignments you have that day. Invite God to give you your briefing for the day as you read
- Read through the recommended section of scripture and see what particular phrase or thought jumps out at you. For instance, the passage might point out a sin you need to confess, a promise you need to claim for that day, an example you need to follow, a command you need to obey or a truth about God that should change how you operate
- Finish the time with prayer that God will guide your day according to that scripture and give you opportunities to bless others through it
- Set your watch, phone or computer alarm to ring every hour and remind you of that truth
- During the day before any conversation or decision, ask God for wisdom to apply His briefing to that situation!
Remember, stay connected, no matter what!