Is it just me or does there seem to be an increase of terrible accidents on our roads? It feels like deja vu ~ a flashback to a time in the past when it was nothing exceptional to read headlines about horrible bus and matatu crashes resulting in massive life losses. And that’s not suprising because whatever highway I’m on nowadays, there’s a PSV hurtling by at 100km/h or more. We buried the Michuki-rules and now, we’re burying Kenyans everyday. I wonder – does our transport minister still feel like Pilate, that the deaths of these Kenyans are not his business?
Being a far from perfect leader myself, I hate to complain; but I just had to vent about that one! It’s hard to sit back and watch the wanton suffering brought about by such avoidable causes. Anyone else feeling me?
So… here’s to God raising some great leaders in our generation who will change this nation. In politics, governance, business, media, education, etc. Some great quotes for those reading this that are part of the change…
- The measure of a man is what he does with power (Pittacus)
- Leadership is action, not position (Donald McGannon)
- All power is trust (Benjamin Disraeli)
- It’s amazing how much people can get done if they do not worry about who gets the credit (Sandra Surnney)
- One test of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency (unknown)
May we be faithful stewards of whatever leadership responsibility God has entrusted to us this week!